In order to protect the health of the children in our care, LifePoint’s children’s ministry has developed a strict wellness policy. A child exhibiting any of the following symptoms, or appears to be unwell, will not be admitted to their class. By adhering to this policy, we are ensuring that sick children get the care they need at home and that the children in our classrooms, as well as the medically fragile members of our congregation, remain well.
The Committee of Infectious Diseases of the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends a child should not be taken from home when any of the following are present:
Symptoms within the past 48 hours:
- Fever of 99.6 or greater
- Pale/Flushed skin color
- Diarrhea, vomiting, complaints of a stomachache
- Watery/red eyes
- Pink eye or other eye infections
- Persistent and/or productive cough, Sore throat
- Excessive sneezing
- Stuffy/runny nose (yellow, green)
- Any unexplainable rash
- Extreme fatigue/lethargy
- Any symptoms of common childhood diseases, such as chicken pox, strep throat, hand foot and mouth, head lice, pertussis, etc.
Here are a few more details to be aware of:
Children who have been ill within the past 3 days need to have had at least 48 hours of non-medicated recuperation time before coming to class.
We will ask a parent to remove their child from class, and from further exposure to others, if we suspect they have a contagious illness or become ill during class.
A child who complains of not feeling well needs to remain with their parent, even if no symptoms are present yet.
Please note that teachers cannot administer medication. If a child requires medication during the service, we ask that the parent administer it.
For questions or more information about our wellness policy, please contact one of our Children’s Ministry Leaders.
For safety and security reasons, parents must remain on the premises during the time their child is in our care.
All Children’s Ministry leaders and volunteers must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. Must have faithfully attended LifePoint for at least 6 months.
2. Must complete our Starting Point Class.
3. Must clear a criminal background check.